- Exposure to some of Australia’s most complex commercial activities over three exciting rotations in commercial policy, operations and project areas.
- Providing strategic commercial advice to the Future Submarine Program - the largest Defence procurement program in Australia’s history.
- Assisting the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) project office to acquire the F-35A aircraft through a government-to-government cooperative agreement with the United States of America and JSF partner nations.
- Participating in a Competitive Evaluation Process (CEP) to select the next generation of naval surface combatants - the Future Frigates.
- Helping to shape commercial procurement policy and contribute to Defence’s commercial framework.
- Developing performance-based contracts and supplier intelligence functions to motivate and manage suppliers to achieve required outcomes.
- Liaising with Defence industry to support our Commercial Reform Program.
- Accessing commercial training, coaching and mentoring opportunities to support your career development.
- Emphasis on work-life balance
- Advancement to APS 5 level on successful completion of the Capability Pathway
The Commercial Division within CASG is the home of our commercial specialists. It plays a critical role, as part of the Commercial Centre of Expertise (CoE), in delivering commercial expertise and solutions across the procurement lifecycle to help Defence achieve its objectives, maximise value for money and meet legislative requirements. You could support the acquisition or sustainment of major capital equipment and non-materiel procurements, contribute to commercial policy or support our industry engagement and analytical functions.
You will have unique opportunities to work on some of the biggest and most challenging projects in Australia, applying your commercial skill and judgement in:
- developing commercial options and procurement planning;
- preparing tender documentation for release to market;
- assisting with the evaluation of tender submissions;
- negotiating contracts for simple and complex procurements;
- assessing the allocation of liabilities and risks;
- support ongoing contract management activities; and
- continuously seeking to improve CASG’s commercial processes, tools and templates.
Your work within the Procurement and Contracting environment in CASG will be highly valued – the operational success of the Australian Defence Force depends on us.
For more detailed information about CASG and the Program, view the links below.